Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Julia's Wraps

This recipe brings back a lot of happy memories of my college days. My room-mate Julia would crank out a big batch of these all the time. After a while, the spread became as common as milk in our fridge and we would just take turns buying ingredients. They also make really good appetizers cut up with a tooth-pick in it. So good, so fresh, and so quick!

Julia's Wraps

Spread:
2 (8oz) soft cream cheese
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp marjoram
1/4 tsp garlic salt
2 T milk

*Add all ingredients and stir together until smooth.

Additional goodness: (all optional)
Ham, turkey, or other sliced deli meat
1 red, yellow, or green bell pepper cut in long thin slices
lettuce leaves
Alfalfa sprouts
Thin flour tortillas (whole wheat is really good too)

*Spread the cream cheese mixture over tortilla. Add meat and any other desired toppings. Roll up tightly.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jess and seth said...

I made a yummy one with pesto sauce mixed with the cream cheese. I loved it. Seth hated it and said, "You _know_ I just can't handle things like this . . ." So we haven't made that again . . . but I love wraps like this.

Also, someone once made one with turkey meat, spinach, and cranberry sauce, which was quite delicious.

And how appropriate that your word verification is "portion"! I'm not even kidding!