Saturday, May 30, 2009

Shredded Beef Au Jus

I found this one in Taste of Home, and my only "beef" (no pun intended) was that I didn't double the recipe! It was great! The meat was really flavorful and tender. I really liked the Au Jus drippings- if you didn't want to use it for that, it would made an awesome soup base. I just love that crockpot! For some reason this recipe reminds me of my Grandma Lou. I remember her cooking roast beef like this for us in the slow cooker- it always smelled and tasted so good! It was nice to find a recipe to bring me back!

Shredded Beef Au Jus
1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 lbs.)
2 cups water
2 tsp. beef bouillon granules
1-1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
8 hamburger buns, split

Cut roast in half and place in a 4-5 quart slow cooker. Combine the water, bouillon granules and seasonings; pour over the beef.

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat in tender. Remove beef; cool slightly. Meanwhile, skim fat from the cooking liquid.

Shred meat with two forks; return to the cooking liquid and heat through. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup on each bun. Serve with additional cooking liquid on the side.

No comments: