Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pasta Carbonara

Another amazing Simple and Delicious recipe. I loved how creamy and delicous this was, and it didn't take long to whip up! I say you can't go wrong with bacon! :)

Pasta Carbonara
2-1/2 cups uncooked mostaccioli
8 bacon strips, diced
1 (4 oz) jar whole mushrooms (or can of sliced)
1 green pepper (The recipe didn't call for it, I added this and sauted it with the mushrooms- it was really good!)
3/4 cup half-and-half cream
1/3 cup butter, cubed
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1 tsp. minced garlic
6 to 8 drops pf hot pepper sauce (I actually left this out... I know I should be more daring with the heat, but I'm not.)
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup sliced green onions

Cook mostaccioli according to package directions.

Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove onto paper towels to drain. Brown mushrooms in drippings; remove to paper towels. Drain drippings from the pan.

Add the cream, butter, parsley, garlic, pepper sauce and salt and pepper to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until bitter is melted. Drain mostaccioli; add to cream mixture. Stir in bacon, mushrooms, and cheese heat through. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with green onions.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Keri said...

This looks amazing! I want to eat the picture!