Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tomato Beef Pasta


I found this recipe on Ashley's blog, Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen. If you haven't checked out her blog, you really should. She has so many amazing recipes and her photography alone is worth taking a peak. Way to go Ashley! I thought it was a delicious recipe! It was almost like a Stew. It made a really big batch, which would be especially nice if you are feeding a big group.

Tomato Beef Pasta

Adapted from Mom

6 Servings

1 pound ground beef, (I use ground sirloin)
1 pound pasta, (I use rotini, mom uses elbow macaroni)
1 large bottle (46 ounces) tomato juice
3 tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
to taste salt and pepper
parmesan cheese, grated (optional)

Brown meat and drain fat. Add onion and pepper and sauté for a few minutes, until veggies get tender. Sprinkle on chili powder, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Add ketchup and tomato juice and stir. Pour in pasta and stir to coat.

Simmer, covered, until al dente (about 20 minutes), stirring occasionally to make sure that the juice is cooking the noodles evenly.

Serve, topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm so glad you liked it! I'll have to make sure to tell my mom, too :) I really think that using whole wheat pasta is great with this one AND I love having it for lunch for a few days afterward! We just finished off our batch last week ;)