Saturday, May 9, 2009

Snickerdoodles

I was delighted to find such a great recipe for Snickerdoodles on Joie de vivre's blog. (Don't they look delicious- she took the picture too. They turned out great! And I loved that it made 6 dozen- if I am going to go to the trouble of making cookies, they better made a big batch! :) I like checking her blog out every now and then- she always seems to have a great recipe on there! Way to go Joie! Snickerdoodles are one of my all time favorite cookies. For some reason they take me right back to grade school- I think our lunch ladies made these a lot! They were such great cooks- it's not everyone that can say that! A perk to growing up in a small town. :) They made the best homemade chicken noodle soup! Somedays it would be nice to have a lunch lady in my kitchen. :)

Snickerdoodles
by Joie de vivre

Yields: About 6 dozen
Ingredients:

1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
2 eggs
2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Directions:

1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Beat the butter and 1 1/2 c. sugar together until pale yellow and fluffy. Beat in the eggs until combined. On low speed, or by hand, beat in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
3. In a small bowl, combine the 2 Tbs. sugar with the cinnamon.
4. To shape: scoop out a teaspoon full of dough using a teaspoon cookie scoop. Roll the dough into balls between your two hands. Then roll the balls into the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place the balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes. When finished, remove cookies from cookie sheet and place on cookie racks to cool.

2 comments:

Joie de vivre said...

Thanks so much for the compliment and the link! Would you mind putting a photo credit too? I'm quite proud of this photo. (Since I'm not much of a photographer!) I'm glad they turned out well for you. :)

Jaime said...

i love snickerdoodles :) you should try the snickerdoodle muffins in my blog!