Sunday, May 31, 2009

Big Daddy Hash

This is one I thought would be appropriate for Father's Day coming up. My Douglas has fixed this up for me a couple times and I finally got him to give me the "secret recipe". You should be grateful, because this is a good one! You can tell this is a "Doug" recipe, because he doesn't skimp on anything. :) I think that is why it always turns out so good! Happy Father's Day all you dads!

"Big Daddy Hash"
1 cup meat *Bacon, sausage, or sliced ham (or all :)
5 cups hash browns
5 eggs
1 can mushrooms
"cheese of plenty" (as in at least 2 cups, divided)
1 onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
half cube (1/4 cup) butter
Salt and Pepper

In a large skillet, fry up bacon or sausage first if that is your meat of choice and then cook the hash browns up in the drippings. If not just start with the hash browns. Stir in the eggs, mushrooms and cheese, and continue to stir occasionally. Meanwhile, in a separate sauce pan, saute pepper and onion in butter. When cooked through, add to egg mixture and stir in adding salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with some remaining cheese; melt and serve hot. Mmmmmm....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: