Sunday, May 17, 2009

Creamy Pear Smoothie


Here is a smoothie I created at my daughters request. I was actually really excited to come up with a good use for the bottled pears I put up two years ago. Funny thing.... it was the first time I had ever bottled pears and I didn't really know when a pear is ripe and ready for bottling. Needless to say, these were not and I put up the whole box. So for two years I have had these really hard, un-ripe pears that I have tried to be creative with. (Hate to have all that hard work go to waste right?) I was excited that when I blended them up like this, I was able to get away with it. Note: Use ripe pears for best results. :)

Creamy Pear Smoothie
1 jar or big can of pears
about 1 cup (or less) half and half (you can you milk if you prefer)
1/4 cup sugar
half a tray of ice cubes

Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix. It might need more sugar or milk- just add to taste
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jess and seth said...

Hey, another thing you could use this for (or just your pears blended) is as a syrup for pancakes or waffles. I always feel better about eating pancakes if I put fruit on them. Remember Daddy making all kinds of syrups when we were growing up? It seems like he made a fruit syrup sometimes that was really tasty--maybe add a little sugar and cook it up. I've done it just fresh and uncooked, though, and it's good.