Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sweet Potato Casserole

If I ever loved a sweet potato, it wasn't completely... not until I met this casserole. This was TRUE LOVE for me! Throwing the egg and milk in there turned it into more of a "custard" and even if you don't like yams/sweet potatoes (like my own dear husband) this one has enough sugar and butter to convert you. :) This here is SWEET POTATO HEAVEN! I got this from my good friend Megan. She brought a sample over for me to try. I warmed it up a little later, and immediately, I had to get on the phone and I literally said, "Oh My Heck Megan! That is incredible!" My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Doug heard my talking about it and while I was talking to her, he finished it off. (That's saying something eh?) But I wasn't very happy with him, so I had to make another batch. SO GOOD! I could eat this any night! (But I can't for health reasons. :) This one is on the menu for Thanksgiving for sure- but I plan to make it frequently until then. :) Thank you Megan. I found a winner!

Sweet Potato Casserole

3 cups fresh cooked sweet potatoes cubed and drained
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
Dash of salt
1 T vanilla
1/2 stick melted butter

Mix all ingredients until smooth. Pour into greased 2 quart casserole dish. Cover with topping and bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.

Topping
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)

Mix first three ingredients, then add nuts.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: