Thursday, March 25, 2010

Honey Mustard Salmon Burgers


I'm trying to squeeze a bit more fish into our diet. This was a good fit- I picked up some salmon patties just to experiment. They were easy to grill up and tasted a little more fishy then I like, but they were really yummy with the honey mustard. It kind of helped to moisten the patties and disguise the fishy flavor. This is another recipe I got from "Sook the Cook." I thought it was a fun idea- thanks Sook! This sauce would be good on any grilled meat!

Lyd's Tip: Make an already-low-calorie dinner even lower, by substituting plain yogurt for the mayo. The consistency is a little bit more runny, but it is just as good.

Honey Mustard Salmon Burgers
(Makes one burger: 1 salmon burger with the honey mustard sauce has under 300 calorie.)

1 SandwichThin rolls
1 cooked salmon patty
Lettuce, chopped
1/2 tomato, sliced
1 tablespoon honey mustard sauce (recipe follows)

Honey Mustard Sauce: (makes about 5-7 tablespoons)
2 tablespoon low fat mayo
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 green onion, chopped
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/8 ground black pepper
Pinch of salt

Directions:

In a medium bowl, combine all the honey mustard ingredients and mix well. Set aside.

Place lettuce, tomato slices, and salmon patty on a SandwichThin and spread 1 tablespoon of the honey mustard sauce on the salmon. Place the top bun and enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sook said...

I am glad that you liked this salmon burger. I got the patties at Costco and it wasn't fried. I just had to bake them. Yours looks really good!