Sunday, March 14, 2010

Creamy Saucy Pork Chops

I have been resurrecting some of my old Simple and Delicious magazines, in search of something I may have missed... I am so glad to have found this one. This was such a simple sauce mixture but the flavor was phenomenal. It was great over rice! I threw it all in the crockpot and it was fabulously flavorful and tender!

Creamy Saucy Pork Chops
4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each) (I didn't have pork chops, so I used a cheaper sirloin cut.)
1 tablespoon canola oil
4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1 tablespoon lemon juice

I ended up making those one a crockpot meal and I must mixed the sauce, threw it over the meat and cooked it on low for 5-6 hours. It was so tender and flavorful! We really enjoyed this one and it was so easy!

Here are the skillet instructions in case you do want to do it that way:
In a large skillet, cook pork chops in oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove and keep warm.
Add the cream cheese, broth, cheese, vinaigrette and lemon juice to the skillet; cook and stir until blended. Return chops to the pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop with 1/2 cup sauce equals 410 calories, 27 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: