Caesar Chicken Burgers (simple and delicious)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each) (You can use a whole chicken breast per sandwich, but I cut two big ones up and it make it go a lot further.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices red onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 hamburger buns, split (I used those thin whole wheat sandwich buns I like!)
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided (I used Ken's Steakhouse brand- it was fabulous!)
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill on an indoor grill coated with cooking spray for 4-5 minutes or until juices run clear. Grill onion slices for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, spread butter over cut sides of buns. Place buttered side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Toss romaine with cheese and 1/4 cup dressing; spoon onto bun bottoms. Top with onions, chicken and remaining dressing. Replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 burger equals 416 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 760 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.