Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Caesar Chicken Burgers

I cannot possibly begin to tell you how amazingly good this one is! If I ever urged you to try a recipe- THIS WOULD BE THE ONE! This one has inspired me to create a "Lyd's Favorites" list. I had no idea what was coming when I decided to make this one for dinner on a busy night. I pulled out the "George" and grilled some chicken up with just a bit of Montreal Seasoning, and it just kept getting better! When I sat down and took that first bite... time stood still. The kids might have been calling me... the world might have still been turning, but it stopped for me. All that existed for about 10 minutes was me and the burger. I slobbered and dueled like baby over this one, licking my fingers and savoring ever last bite. I had no idea food could taste this good! This was restaurant quality coming out of my kitchen in about 10 minutes or less. When Doug got home from class, I just sat him down, put the burger in front of him, and said, "ZONE OUT!" And he did. He was equally impressed, and the taste and the memory lingered for the rest of the night... and morning... and the following day, until I posted it for you to enjoy the same experience. I BEG you to do so! You might need a bib for this one! :)

Caesar Chicken Burgers (simple and delicious)

  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each) (You can use a whole chicken breast per sandwich, but I cut two big ones up and it make it go a lot further.)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 4 slices red onion
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 4 hamburger buns, split (I used those thin whole wheat sandwich buns I like!)
  • 2 cups torn romaine
  • 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided (I used Ken's Steakhouse brand- it was fabulous!)
  • Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill on an indoor grill coated with cooking spray for 4-5 minutes or until juices run clear. Grill onion slices for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
  • Meanwhile, spread butter over cut sides of buns. Place buttered side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1 minute or until golden brown.
  • Toss romaine with cheese and 1/4 cup dressing; spoon onto bun bottoms. Top with onions, chicken and remaining dressing. Replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 burger equals 416 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 760 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: