Sunday, March 7, 2010

Crepes and a Bosch


WARNING: "Not to brag, but"... I am going to brag. Did I mention my husband got me a Bosch for Christmas. Well, he did. And, yes... he IS the best. And yes, it IS the best! I was admittedly sceptical at first. I grew up with a Blendteck Kitchen Champ (which is also very awesome!) that my mom swears by, so I was nervous whether or not this would be the right fit... but I AM SO HAPPY with it! I feel so incredibly spoiled! I make bread (SO EASILY) every week! That is my favorite part about it, but I have also loved making yummy smoothies in the blender and it came with this great recipe book called "Sensible Cooking." I have found a few recipes in there I really like. This crepe recipe was one of them. I love that it leans towards the healthier ingedients, but you still get that thin, delicous crepe in the end. You even use the blender to mix this one, so it is so easy to mix and just poor onto the crepe pan! (Although you can just mix it in a bowl as well.) Anyway, I'm done bragging now, but I am thankful for the BEST husband and an awesome mixer, and a really yummy crepe recipe. I won't be sharing the husband or the mixer, but I'll pass on the recipe, just to "even" out the scales a very little bit. :) Happy cooking!

Whole Wheat Crepes
(Bosch: Dixie Shaw-Nutrition Lifestyles)

3/4 cup fresh ground whole wheat flour (spring whole wheat is best- sifting out the bran for this recipe.) (I just used the plain whole wheat, unsifted and it was great.)
3/4 cup soy milk or milk of choice
2 eggs
1 T honey
1 T olive oil
dash of cinnamon

Combine ingredients in blender and process 1 minutes. If time allows, refrigerate about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Brush bottom of a 6 inch nonstick skillet or crepe pan with oil or butter. When pan is hot pour about 3 T batter into hot pan. Tilt pan in all directions until batter covers pan in a thin film. Cook crepe one minute. Turn or flip crepe and cook addition 30 seconds on other side.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: