Friday, March 19, 2010

Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia

I have been saving some fresh Halibut from my in-law's Alaskan fishing trip, waiting for my mother-in-law's AMAZING recipe for frying them up... and I feel like I'm leading you on a false errand, because this not it. I haven't gotten the recipe yet, and I could wait for this good fish no longer, so I fried them up with this recipe. It was pretty tasty- how can you go wronger with fresh Alaskan halibut, truly! It made a good substitutes, but I have to say I liked the Pecan-Parmesan Fish Fillet recipe better. This was a good one though! Now if I only had Momma Stew's recipe, my "sea food" life would be complete! :)

Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia By Simple and Delicious
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 10 crackers)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tilapia fillets (5 ounces each)
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
Lemon wedges

Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine the crackers, cheese and salt. Dip fillets in the flour, egg, then cracker mixture.
In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 287 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: