Monday, March 29, 2010

Grilled Chicken with Creamy Honey Mustard


Hello, my friend buttermilk-- making yet another debu. I wasn't kidding. I make all my buttermilk recipes at once. I found this in a Rachel Ray magazine and I thought I would give it a try. I have to say that although the buttermilk gave the chicken a tender texture, I didn't think there was much by way of flavor. I think I would definitely marinate it in something else next time. (A waste of that good buttermilk! :) However, the dipping sauce was excellent. And can I just say I love the George Forman grill- I makes me feel like I am a grilling expert! (Which by the way, I am not... just to clarify. :) And it makes me not worried that I am eating raw meat! Love it!

Grilled Chicken Tenders with Creamy Honey Mustard

Ingredients:

  • 2 pounds chicken tenders
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • Salt and pepper

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl, toss the chicken in the buttermilk. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

  2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and honey.

  3. Heat a grill to medium-high and lightly brush with oil. Drain the chicken tenders; pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve with the honey-mustard dipping sauce.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: