Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bread/Pizza Dough for our Hawaiian at Home...

This week, we had our "Hawaiian At Home"- it was fabulous! I am going to share a great bread or crust recipe for you. I went to an awesome Woman's Conference, and in one of the classes they demonstrated simple bread making and she showed us how to make an amazing Alfredo Pizza. The whole thing tasted wonderful! I loved the white sauce and the crust was really good. I knew then and there, I would have to get busy in the kitchen and post a few of these great recipe she shared! I used her crust/bread recipe for our Hawaiian pizza, but I did half wheat-half white, and having tasted both, I recommend just sticking with white. I think the wheat kind of dried it out and it was SUPER thick. I couldn't get it to spread and it took a lot longer to rise. Her's didn't seem to do that. It still tasted great though! This won't be the last time I try this one out- I've got to try the Alfredo- we just had all the stuff for Hawaiian this week and it sounded good. :) Thanks for the recipes Cecily!

For our Hawaiian toppings, the girls helped me layer, sauce, mozzarella cheese, pizza seasoning, ham, pineapple tidbits, and more cheese... and then more cheese. :) Can you ever have enough cheese, I ask you? (You can add whatever you want though-- in case you didn't know that. :)

Bread/Pizza Dough
2 cups warm water
1/3 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 cups bread flour
  • In a large bowl, stir sugar into warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to sit until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
  • Mix salt and oil into the yeast mixture. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour...or if you’re low on time, 15 min!
  • For bread: Punch dough down. Divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9x5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
  • Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
  • For pizza: divide dough in half. Form two large pizza crusts. Top with your favorite toppings and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until brown on the bottom. (Mine was thick enough, that I would recommend cooking it for about 15 minutes before you put the toppings on so you won't get a doughy middle.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: