For our Hawaiian toppings, the girls helped me layer, sauce, mozzarella cheese, pizza seasoning, ham, pineapple tidbits, and more cheese... and then more cheese. :) Can you ever have enough cheese, I ask you? (You can add whatever you want though-- in case you didn't know that. :)
2 cups warm water
1/3 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 cups bread flour
- In a large bowl, stir sugar into warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to sit until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
- Mix salt and oil into the yeast mixture. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour...or if you’re low on time, 15 min!
- For bread: Punch dough down. Divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9x5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- For pizza: divide dough in half. Form two large pizza crusts. Top with your favorite toppings and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until brown on the bottom. (Mine was thick enough, that I would recommend cooking it for about 15 minutes before you put the toppings on so you won't get a doughy middle.)