Saturday, March 20, 2010

One-Pot Salsa Beef Skillet


No matter how much I plan ahead, I always seem to have an occasional night where I'm rushed to get dinner on for whatever reason. This one was perfect for one of "those nights"--even faster than the taco macaroni I recently posted. Give this one a try on a busy night!

Lyd Tips: I like to pre-brown a big batch of hamburger or turkey-burger with a bit of salt and pepper and sometimes a diced onion, then I put them in individual bags and freeze them for "just such a night". It totally speeds up the process, because all I have to do is microwave or warm it up on the stove top and dinner is done in a matter of minutes! (Saves me a good 15 minutes!)

One-Pot Salsa Beef Skillet
1 lb. extra lean ground beef
2 cups water
1 cup Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
1 pkg. (14 oz.) KRAFT Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner Made With 2% Milk Cheese
2 cups frozen corn
1/2 cup Mexican Style 2% Milk Finely Shredded Four Cheese
1 green onion, chopped

BROWN meat in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain.

ADD water, salsa and Macaroni; stir. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 10 min. or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally. Add corn and Cheese Sauce; stir. Cook 2 min. or until heated through.

TOP with cheese and onions.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: