Thursday, February 26, 2009

Slow Cooker Baked Potato


I'm such an Idaho girl! I love a good old fashioned baked potato! I was happy to find out I could throw them in the wonderful crockpot though- I wasn't having much success with the oven- I would forget to poke hole, or it just seemed like it took forever! They have always been really hard for me coming out of the oven, but I promise you will love this slick crockpot style- no mess and always a perfect potato! It is my favorite thing to throw in on a busy day, because I know I have at least something cooked to work with. (My husband always loves a baked potato, too.)

Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
(Peggy Larsen- a potato farmer's wife, so she outta know! :)
Scrub potatoes (and you can poke them with a fork, but I usually don't and their fine). Wrap in foil. Fill slow cooker with potatoes. Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or on high for about 3-4 hours. Do not add water.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tessa said...

Great idea. I am trying this.

jess and seth said...

This is the BEST way to do potatoes! I like how it makes them moist--I'm not a huge fluffy spud fan.