Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cream Tuna and Peas

We used to have this all the time growing up. I loved breaking up the bread as a kid- made me feel pretty special! But I am really hoping my mom doesn't see that picture because she would know I used white bread and I just know I would be in big trouble!!! That is SO not allowed! I felt so guilty buying it, but it was really just so that Doug could make us some good French Toast (wheat bread just doesn't work the same). When we were little, it was like candy... wicked candy! And as old as I am, I still feel incredibly guily if I ever buy a fluffy Wonder Bread loaf. :) Anyway- sorry Mom, it is white and not wheat. Enjoy the recipe- I got this from my sister, Jessica- I love this white sauce recipe- you can use it in all kinds of things- to thicken soup, to melt cheese in and make a sauce, etc.

Cream Tuna and Peas
White Sauce:
1/4 c butter
1/4 c flour
2 cups milk
*Melt butter, stir in flour and mix until hot. Then add milk all at once, stirring. It helps if you heat up the milk in the microwave beforehand (less lumps).

Cream Tuna and Peas Sauce:
1-2 tsp chicken bullion
Salt and Pepper
1 can tuna
1 bag frozen peas.
*Add all ingredients to the white sauce. Mix well and heat until peas are thawed. Serve over broken up toast.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: