Sunday, February 22, 2009

Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars

Warning: You have to be careful with this one, because before you know it, you will have eaten the whole pan. (Notice: just one left. :) I didn't eat them all, but... well, I was quite helpful. :) My friend Noelle gave me this recipe a while back, it is a great "no bake" quick one to whip up that is always yummy! It is also a great way to use up peanut butter if you have a lot on hand, too.

Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars
1 cube butter
3/4 c. corn syrup
3/4 c. sugar
*Stir and boil for 1 1/2 minutes

Add and stir in:
3/4 to 1 c. peanut butter

Then add about 8 cups cornflakes. (I didn't have enough cornflakes this last time, so I used rice crispies and they turned out great. It ended up being about half and half.)

Spread evenly in an ungreased 9x13 baking dish or a baking sheet. (You can also make them into drip cookies.) Wait about 15-20 minutes for them to set.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oooh...this looks delicious! And dangerous ;)