Thursday, February 19, 2009

Slow Cooked Pork Roast with Vegetables

I love throwing all these things into a crockpot and opening it up a few hours later to find such tender meat and veggies! Here is how I usually do it...

Slow Cooked Pork Roast with Vegetables
2 1/2 to 3 lbs boneless pork loin roast (other cuts will work as well- you can also do this with a beef roast)
2 tsp minced garlic
5-6 potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
1 large onion, sliced
5-6 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 can cream of mushroom
1-2 T soy sauce
1 T Worsteshire sauce
Sprinkle of garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt, salt, and pepper

Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper and lay on the bottom of crockpot. Top with veggies. In a bowl, stir together remaining ingredients, and pour over the top. Cook on low for 6-7 hours. (Low makes the meat nice and tender.)

1 comment:

jess and seth said...

Sweet. I'm making it for dinner tomorrow. Tonight we're having your Stroganoff. Can I just say that I LOVE YOUR BLOG and I'm so glad I'm finally following it! No more menu planning for this gal! :)