Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Jennifer's Amazing Muffins with Streusel

My friend Jennifer made the most AMAZING muffins! They were so delicious- I had way more then my fair share (but I don't regret that one bit!) Anyway- I begged her for the recipe (I even took a picture- they were that good!), and she posted it on her blog, so I thought I would pass it along to all of you since it was so good. Mostly I was amazed with her streusel- it was perfect! I think she added mashed banana to the ones that I had.

"I just LOVE muffins! So I thought I would share the best muffin recipe. It is the best because you can use whatever schtuff you have on had that needs to be used up. I've tried brown bananas, smashed sweet potato, chopped up apples with applesauce, grated carrots, overripe peaches...I've even tossed in some leftover oatmeal...and every single time I get a yummy moist muffin!
So go dig around in your fridge. Find something mushy. Make muffins!"

MUFFIN:
about 2 cups schtuff (see list above)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup butter
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (optional)

STREUSEL: (optional, but really, really good)
1/4 cup sugar
3 TBSP flour
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 TBSP cold butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mash your schtuff. Add wet ingredients and blend. Gently add dry and mix until just moistened. (Overmixing will make rubbery muffins). Scoop into a greased 12 hole muffin pan.
To make the streusel, measure the sugar, flour and cinnamon into a small bowl. Cut the butter in with a fork until incorporated and crumbly. Sprinkle evenly atop muffin batter.
Bake at 375 degrees for 19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

suzanne said...

Hey I just wanted you to know that I have posted a few of your recipes on my cooking blog. I hope you don't mind. I thought it might only be fair to give you the address so that you could steal some recipes if you wanted.
http://hotcooksrecipes.blogspot.com/

I love your blog you are so fun.

suzanne said...

I got the link from your family blog. It's Suzanne Butler if you weren't able to figure it out. And I do always check people's links on their family webistes because you find great stuff that way. So I have been keeping tabs on your cooking blog ever since you started it. It's great to get ideas from other people.