Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Homemade Egg Noodles



I was really excited to find a great, easy Homemade Egg Noodle recipe. I feel very much like the Kungfu Panda with the secret ingredient to Noddle Soup. I found this on Melanie's amazing site: http://mykitchencafe.blogspot.com/ It must be a good recipe, because I have never been able to get mine this thin. :)

Homemade Egg Noodles
(great for Chicken Noodle Soup)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 pinch salt
2 eggs, beaten, at room temperature
1/2 cup milk, room temperature

In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Add eggs and milk. Knead dough until very smooth, about 5 minutes. Let rest in a covered bowl for 5 minutes - this is essential to help relax the dough.

On a lightly floured surface (too much flour and you won't be able to roll your noodles very thin), roll out dough to desired thickness (I tried for 1/8 inch). Cut into desired lengths and shapes. Allow to air dry before cooking.

*Also, I would let them dry on a cooling rack so that both sides dry at the same time. It usually takes a few hours for them to dry, so plan on making them in the morning if you want to use them that night. This made two big trays.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jmelgan said...

Looks great. One of these days I am going to try and make these.--Thanks