Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Crockpot Chicken.... My Style

I think I have mentioned before what I usually do to cook my chicken, but I thought I would finally post it. I really don't enjoy handling raw chicken, so I've kind of discovered a way I can cook it and handle it as little as possible, but still have it taste flavorful and great. I have done this with just about any kind of chicken: boneless skinless or bone-in (like legs and thighs), even a whole chicken. The bone-in is probably the most flavorful and cheap to buy, but its pretty messy to pick through after it is cooked. Also, after I have my pile of bones and my pile of meat, I start wondering how much "bang I got for my buck." :) But it is a great way to use up either.

Chicken in the Crockpot, My Style
1. Throw your chicken into the crockpot (you can even drop it in straight from the back and avoid touching it all together. :)
2. Pour about a 1/2 cup of Italian Dressing over the top- make sure it is pretty well covered.
3. Add a little bit of water (depending on how much chicken you have in there).
4. Turn the crockpot on low for about 6-7 hours or high for 4-5.
5. Let the chicken cool (In or out of crockpot) and then shred.

Meal Ideas:
Cook up some veggies and make it a meal with just the chicken
Chicken Noodle Soup (I use the broth in the crockpot for the soup as well)
Chicken Salad
Chicken Enchiladas
Basically... any meal that calls for cooked chicken.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jess and seth said...

Such a good idea! I am definitely going to use this one, because I always need chicken and it's usually frozen when I need it.

(how appropriate that the word verification is "ingiedi"!