Monday, March 16, 2009

Sailor Sandwiches with Caesar Mayo

Big thanks going out to Mom for the subscription she gave me to "Taste of Home" magazine! I have had a lot of fun. This was a yummy one I found in the last one. Hope you like it as much as I did!

Sailor Sandwiches with Caesar Mayo
1/4 c milk
1/4 cup cornmeal
2 T flour
1 T grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cod or haddock fillets (6 oz each)
1 T melted butter

Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, cheese, and seasonings.

Dip fish in milk, then cornmeal mixture. Place on a greased broiler pan; drizzle with butter. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. (If I were to do it again, I don't think I would broil it. I think I would either grill or just fry them up on a skillet.)

Caesar Mayo
4 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
4 tsp mayo
4 tsp olive oil
1 T lemon juice
1 T Worcestershire sauce
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground mustard (I didn't have that so I substituted about 1 tsp mustard)
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce

Combine the mayo ingredients. Spread over the rolls. On the bottom, layer fish, lettuce, tomato, and onion.

Sandwiches:
2 kaiser rolls, split and toasted (I used french bread)
2 lettuce leaves
1 small tomato, thinly sliced
2 slices of sweet onion
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mrs.D said...

It looks great!

Tim, Anna, and Abram Denney said...

I think that I will try this one tonight!! Thanks for the recipe