Sunday, March 8, 2009

Perfect Pancakes

I found a great pancake recipe! I even made them "whole wheat" to make my momma proud! We also like to sprinkle chocolate chips or blueberries on them while they are cooking- that always makes them tasty. Also- when I was little we would pour homemade applesauce on our pancakes instead of syrup (surprise? :) and it was always really good. (After making homemade applesauce, I'm not sure if that would be considered "cutting back" on the sugar or not. :) But hey- your getting your "fruits" in right? :)

Perfect Pancakes
(Annette Green)
2 eggs
2 c flour (I subbed the whole wheat)
2 c milk
3 T oil
3 T sugar
1/3 c potato flakes (which really do make a difference I have decided)
2 T baking powder
1 tsp salt

Beat eggs until fluffy. Add all other ingredients. Beat until smooth, and fry up on a skillet.

2 comments:

Joie de vivre said...

Hungry, oh so hungry. I bet the potato really does make a difference. Just like in potato doughnuts! I have been experimenting w/ sourdough pancakes recently but seeing how fluffy and yummy these look, I am so craving them now!

Amy Jo Romney said...

Funny you should mention it. Pancakes are the best. I just love them. I have actually turned them into my new project for the year. I have made another blog: www.pilesofpancakes.blogspot.com

I haven't had a chance to post all my fun pancake experiments, but I have a lot that I want to post.