Saturday, March 21, 2009

Peanut Butter Oat Muffins

This last summer, I was on a really long road trip, and one of the things I did to keep myself sain was pick up this great Muffins and Quick Breads recipe book to pour over a long the way. It really helped! This is a yummy recipe I found in it. The lady said some students in her Home Ec. class created it- which I thought was pretty cool. Anyway- I doubled the batch and I've been enjoying these little "peanut-buttery" gems for breakfast all week!

Peanut Butter Oat Muffins (Makes 1 dozen)
1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Dash ground cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 cup peanut butter
1-1/4 cups milk
1.2 cup chopped peanuts
Whipped topping and additional peanuts, optional

In a large bowl, beat egg, peanut butter and milk until smooth. Mix in flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon until moistened. Fold in peanuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three fourths full.

Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Serve with whipped topping and peanuts if desired.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jess and seth said...

What do you think--would it work without peanuts? We're going to try it today and I'll let you know.

Ashley said...

This sounds wonderful! Peanut butter and oats is such a great combo!