Sunday, March 15, 2009

Blueberry French Toast Casserole


I found this one in my "101 Things to do with a Casserole" cookbook. It was very yummy! I loved the blueberries the most I think. It was nice though, because it could feed a big crew- just remember to think of it the night before, so you can put it in the fridge then.
:)

Blueberry French Toast Casserole
1 loaf (20 oz) bread, cubed
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
12 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup maple syrup
I also sprinkled cinnamon and sugar over the top before I cooked it.
powdered sugar

Place half the bread cubes in a greased 9x13 pan. Layer cream cheese cubes evenly over bread. Sprinkle blueberries over the top. Cover with the remaining bread cubes.

In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, syrup. Drizzle egg mixture evenly over bread. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 25-30 minutes more, or until center is firm and top is golden brown. Lightly dust with powdered sugar. Serve with blueberry or maple syrup. (Makes at least 6 servings)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: