Friday, March 13, 2009

Momma's Little Baby Loves Sho'nin' Bread....

My In-laws gave me this great cookbook for Christmas and I've had fun looking through it and finding some fun recipes to try out. I came across this fun "Scottish/Irish" one that seemed appropriate for the up-coming holiday. :)

Holiday Shortbread
5 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups cold butter

In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Pat into an ungreased 15-10 baking pan. Prick all over with a fork.

Bake at 325 for 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut into small squares. Continue to cool to room temperature.

*Then is just seemed to need something, so I had to add the cherry pie filling. :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: