Friday, December 11, 2009

Creamy Gravy


This is a recipe I found in a food storage pamphlet. I went to a really neat workshop on gathering at least one months supply to have as a back-up in case of an emergency. My husband and kids have all had the flu this last week, and I haven't made it to the store- so it is nice to a recipe using ingredients from my pantry to get a good meal on the table without a trip to the store, even if I was the only one that was able to enjoy it. :) (That so shouldn't have been said. :)

Creamy Gravy and Rice
Stir together:

1 (12 oz.) can low fat evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups reconstituted milk
(or 2-3 cups of regular milk if you have it.)
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp beef favored bouillon
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp. onion powder

Place the above ingredients in a sauce pan along with:
1 (6 oz.) can of Tuna (I just warmed up some of my frozen meatballs.)
2 T. butter
Salt and pepper
Cook and stir constantly until thickened. Serve warm over rice, biscuits, pasta or bread.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: