Healthy Baked Corn Tortilla Chips (Homemade)
- 5 corn tortillas (Great Value or Misson brands are Gluten Free)
- salt (optional, additional spice options listed in directions)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Stack tortillas one on top of the other and use kitchen sizzors to cut them into 4 slices like you would cut up a pizza.
- Spread them out in a single layer on a cookie sheet (not air-bake) , spacing them at least 1/4" apart (they will be chewy instead of crispy if not spaced properly). (NOTE: If you must use an air-bake pan, try 350 degrees for 20 minutes.).
- Shake salt and desired toppings over tortillas.
- TOPPING OPTIONS (choose any combo): SPICES: paprika, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder (sparingly), cayenne pepper (sparingly, will add heat!). CHEESES: grated parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, etc. or try SWEET: cinnamon & sugar.
- Bake 8-12 mins or until chips are starting to get crispy and slightly golden brown at the edges (check every 1-2 minutes after 8 mins).
- Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 mins before serving in order to let them fully crispen. Extra Crispy: put back in turned off oven at least 10 mins or until ready to serve for extra crispy and warm chips (watch them, you may need to leave oven door cracked to prevent over browning).