My Mom found these delicious potatoes on the Pioneer Woman site. I think they were the most popular side dish for Thanksgiving dinner. They had so much delicious flavor- they almost put the typical mashed potato dish to shame! :) Hope you'll give these a try!
Creamy Herbed Potatoes
- 4 whole To 5 Whole Russet Potatoes
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced
- 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese
- ¾ cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Whole Milk (half And Half Works, Too)
- 1 teaspoon Finely Chopped Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Finely Chopped Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Finely Chopped Chives
- ½ teaspoons Finely Chopped Sage
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Slice potatoes very thinly.
Add butter to a large skillet over medium low heat. When melted, add diced onion. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cream cheese to the pan and stir to melt. Pour in cream and milk, stirring to combine.
Season with plenty of salt and pepper, then add chopped herbs.
Place potatoes in a buttered baking dish. Pour contents of skillet over the top. Top with Parmesan cheese and bake for 45 minutes, or until bubbly. Allow potatoes to sit 15 minutes before serving.