Every man needs a good flavorful bowl of broth when he is feeling under the weather... or maybe it is just my man. :) Doug wasn't feeling well last week, so I made this for him. It is kind of funny to use a recipe with "One serving" but it worked! I got this from the "L.A. Lite Cookbook."
French Onion Soup
1/2 cup raw white onion slices
1 packet low-soium beef bouillon
1 cup water
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp lite salt
6 melba toast rounds
1 oz. mozzerella
freshly ground pepper, to taste
dash of parley
nonfat cooking spray
1. Saute onion in skillet with notfat cooking spray
2. Add beef bouillon to onions.
3. Add water, salt. pepper, bay leaf and onion powder.
4. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer10-15 minutes.
5. Remove bay leaf.
6. Place soup in a bowl. Top with melba toast.
7. Sprinkle cheese over melba toast.
8. Microwave soup until cheese is melted.
9. Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.