Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Natalie's Perfect Sugar Cookies


My friend Natalie makes the most amazing sugar cookies!!! They are perfect! Soft, but not crumbly. She invited my girls over to decorate Christmas cookies, while I got all the presents wrapped. (True friendship!) They were thrilled! She is such a great person, and now I think she is even greater, because she shared her recipe with me! :) Just wish the cookies could have lasted longer... at least now I can make another batch! :)

Natalie's Perfect Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all of the above ingredients together, then slowly add 5 cups of flour. (Chill dough before you roll out cookies for best results)

Frosting
1 cube butter, softened
1 block of cream cheese, softened (8 oz.)
about 1 lb. powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Beat until creamy. (Sometimes I add a little milk and less butter to get the consistency I want)

Here they are with their pails full of cookies! What a gal- she knows how to make little girls VERY happy!

No comments: