After buying seriously over 20 little boxes of pudding mix packages, for some reason, I felt like I needed to make home-made pudding last night. :) Don't ask me why I do that... I guess just to make sure it can be done? Believe me folks... it can!!! I found this recipe here and it was totally delicious! So rich and creamy. (Almost too rich- you can only have a little.) But it was so easy to make, I think I'm going to cut back on buying the little packages. This tasted better and I know what is going into it... pure chocolate goodness! :)
Homemade Chocolate Pudding
- 6 tablespoons sugar (I use splenda)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch (slightly heaping)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (heaping)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk (I use 1%)
- Combine all dry ingredients until all lumps are gone and blended well.
- Add milk and place on burner turned to high -- stir constantly until desired thickness.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, stir well and serve.enjoy.