Sunday, January 10, 2010

"We-wease the Secwet Weapon!"


(As quoted from American Tale.)
I'm releasing a "secret recipe"... or so my friend Heidi tells me... perhaps she should have remained nameless for her safety. :)  She almost didn't get this one, the lady was really hesitant to give it out, (Now you can probably see why, as I publically post it on my blog. :) because it came direct from an Eastern catering company.  But she must be persuasive, because here it is... (and well worth making it you ask me!  You'll be surprised by the fresh, unusual flavor- it's not your typical "pasta salad".  This one's got some real zip!)

Amazing Pasta Salad (One batch makes a ton!)
 1 bell pepper
1 1/2 cup white vinegar
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 T yellow mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1 to 1 1/2 packages of penne pasta

Puree together all the ingredients except pasta.  Prepare pasta according to package directions.  Drain and rinse.  Pour mixture over cooled pasta and gently toss until pasta is covered.  (I minced some cilantro- about a tablespoon full and tossed it in, mostly for color.)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Keri said...

YUM! Tonight I needed a really fast pasta side dish and this was perfect. This is a perfect summer dish. Thanks for sharing!!