Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pete's Veggie Pizza




Aren't sisters just the greatest! Mine sure are! I feel so lucky to have the sweetest sisters ever! My little sis Bethany (I call her Pete.) had the family over for some delicious appetizers on Christmas Eve. I think I ate half of this yummy veggie pizza myself! It was SO GOOD! I can't even tell you! I really liked her crust too, so she shared that recipe with me as well. (She like to make it half whole wheat- is she my sister or what!) I thought it was such a good idea- great way to get the veggies in! I plan on making it again REALLY SOON!

Grandma's Easy Peasy Breadsticks

1 cup hot water
2 T. melted butter
1 t. salt
2 T. sugar
2 T. yeast
3-4 cups flour (When I'm in the mood to be healthy, I substitute one cup of white flour for wheat flour)

Mix butter and water. Sprinkle salt, sugar and yeast over water. Stir in
with mixer. Add enough flour until moist dough but not too dry or stiff.
Allow to rise. Punch down every 10 minutes for one hour. Form into
breadsticks. Place on greased cookie sheet. Drizzle with butter,
Parmesan cheese and garlic salt. Allow to rise. (When I don't have time, I don't even worry about this step and the bread turns out just fine). Bake at 400 degrees
for 10-12 minutes. Makes 2 dozen.

"Your very own" Veggie Pizza
One Pizza Dough Recipe (I use the Easy Peasy Breadstick one)
1 oz. Package of Cream Cheese
1 package of ranch mix (or whatever spice you like best)
2 cups shredded cheese
Bacon Bits
Any amount of any vegetables that you like (I use a combination of broccoli and tomatoes. You can also use green peppers, cauliflower, onions, etc)

Once the pizza dough is cooled, combine the cream cheese and ranch mix. Then throw on your veggie's and bacon bits. Sprinkle your pizza with cheese, cut, serve, and enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: