Sunday, January 17, 2010

Spread Yourself Thin

My good friend Bekah has gotten me excited about eating healthier. She has been doing the "ABS Diet for Women" and she let me borrow the book. There are some great recipes and I just really like the general idea of sticking to simple "power" foods and making it part of your life-style to make healthy choices. I'm not following it perfectly, but I have been trying to eat healthier, and I'm already seeing results! I feel like I have a lot more energy too, and like I don't find myself "binge snacking" like I sometimes do. This is one of the recipes in the book I tried out and really liked. I never would have thought of making a bean spread, but it had a great taste and was a whole lot more sustaining then jam or butter. I'm not "extreme"- I've still got to make an occasional something wonderful, rich, and creamy, but I think you'll see quite a few more recipes listed under the "Let there be Lite" catagory. :) Atleast that the plan. Thanks Bekah for the jump-start!

Spread Yourself Thin

Directions

1.
In blender or food processor, mix beans, rosemary, garlic, and lemon juice. (If you're using a blender, you may need to stop and scrape the sides of the canister once to make sure everything blends well.) (I actually just did it in my new Botch mixer- it probably wasn't as "pureed" but I think it still worked well.) Stream oil through the top until you reach desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread on to a hardy piece of whole wheat toast.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

suzanne said...

This looks really good. I just might have to try it.