Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year's Eve Taco Dip


 This year, we started a new tradition, created by my daughter and I.  It was so much fun!!!  I came up with this yummy taco dip, and we ate it "Barbarian Style" or "Like Little Pigglets" as my daughter would say. :)  No plates or "cutlery" allowed.  It was so fun with each of us hoovering over the casserole dish pretending to be cavemen. :)  My husband even played along and brought down "Bararian Blood" (Red Juice).  I wouldn't recoment doing this every night, but something about being allowed to eat like "little pigglets" was really fun! :)  The kids loved it!  (Of course you can just make this and eat it like any civilized human being, but it was pretty fun putting a twist on it.) :)

New Year's Eve Taco Dip (Barbarian Style)
2 cans refried beans
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 lb cooked taco meat prepared with seasoning packet
1-2 cups grated cheddar
1 can olives cut in slices
(Throw on some fresh tomatoes if you have them!)

Spread and layer ingredients in order, in a 9x13 casserole dish.  Refrigerate until serving.  Serve with tortilla chips and eat like barbarians- no plates or utensils allowed! :)

No comments: