Thursday, January 14, 2010

Very Berry Birthday Pie


My husband requested a pie rather then a cake for his birthday (I think I'm totally with him- we're just pie people. I'll take a good Apple Pie over cake just about any day. It had so be homemade those. As good as Merie Calendar is at making pies, they just don't cut it for me.) Anyway, I came up with this Berry Pie because I couldn't decide between strawberries or rasberries. (They are both his favorite. :) It had both, so I was safe. It was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. :)

Very Berry Birthday Pie
2 cooked pie shells or 1 very large one
1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 package of 3 oz. raspberry Jello
zest of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 bag or frozen mixed berries, thawed

Boil together 1 cup water, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons corn syrup. Bring to a boil until it looks clear. Add 1 package of 3 oz. raspberry Jello, lemon zest and cinnamon. Stir until dissolved. Cool. Pour into pie shell and evenly distribute sauce and berries. Chill. Top with Cool Whip or whipped cream.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: