Sunday, January 10, 2010

Stumbling Across GREATNESS!


I love it when you are missing an ingredient... wait a minute, let me finish the thought!!! I love it when you are missing an ingredients, so you try substituting something and you stumble across something even better. That happened with this one- it wasn't even anything really big, but I was out of vanilla pudding, so I used butterscotch because that is what I had, and it was amazing! I made this cake for a friend birthday- I thought it was delicious, and I'm really glad I tried it out. I'm also really glad I was out of vanilla pudding mix. :)

Gram's Best Brown Sugar Cake kraftrecipes.com

1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
4 eggs
2/3 cup Sour Cream
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup chopped Pecans
2 tsp. powdered sugar

HEAT oven to 350ºF.
BEAT first 6 ingredients with mixer 3 min. or until well blended. Add brown sugar and nuts; mix well.
POUR into 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan sprayed with cooking spray.
BAKE 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 15 min. Loosen cake from sides of pan; invert onto wire rack. Remove pan; cool cake completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: