Sunday, August 23, 2009

Shredded Beef in Creamy Mushroom Sauce


I dedicated this dish to Doug- all his favorites in one meal: Beef/Meat, Mushrooms, and Rice. I made my Crockpot Shredded Roast Beef Au Jus this last week, and this is a great way to remake the left-overs. I love disguising, even improving them in some new dish. I created this sauce, and was pretty proud of coming up with a tasty flavor!

Shredded Beef in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
1 cup shredded roast beef (you could use deli roast beef and thinly slice it)
2 cups half and half
1 pkg. sliced mushrooms
2 tsp. garlic minced
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 cup beef broth (I used left over Au Jus from Roast Beef)
1 cup ricotta cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp lime juice
Cooked rice

Saute mushrooms and garlic in a little olive oil on medium heat. Add beef and the rest of the ingredients, stirring them in until they are fully incorporated. Heat through and serve over cooked rice.

1 comment:

Lyd Stew said...

Lydia, you are amazing! what beautiful recipes. Sorry that I am logged in as you-- I'm really your mom. Love you!