Monday, August 17, 2009

The BEST Blueberry Muffins I have ever made...


I have taken the liberty of typing this recipe as a doubled batch, because I think it would be a sin only to make 10 of these! Now you can make 20 or more and eat to your hearts content! This was a fabulous recipe I found is the Family Circle magazine. I made a couple changes and I suppose you can half it, as was originally intended, but I think you'd be crazy to! Delish- the best muffins ever and easy to whip up quick!

Best Blueberry Muffins This Side of the Mississippi
(Either side, that is, depending on which one your on.)

4 cups flour (I did 2 white and 2 wheat)
1-1/2 cup sugar (plus 9-10 tsp for the top)
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp grated orange zest (I used lemon- fabulous!)
2 cups fresh blueberries

1. Heat oven to 375. Coat a standard size muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, whisk together sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Make a well in the center.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, oil and orange zest. Pour milk mixture into well in flour mixture, then stir just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
4. Spoon better into prepared muffin pan, 1/3 cup batter in each cup. Each muffin cup should be about 3/4 full.
5. Sprinkle each muffin with 1/2 tsp sugar. Bake muffin at 375 for 23-25 minutes, until crowned and lightly brown. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.

2 comments:

Kristyn said...

I love you cooking blog so much!! you always have great stuff.

Ashley said...

These look so moist and delicious - and if you say they're the BEST...well...they must be worth a shot :)