Friday, August 21, 2009

Pepperoni Pinwheels

Sometimes I like to buy random ingredients and then find a recipe that uses them. This time, I bought one of those refridgerated pizza crusts. I happened to have some pepperoni hanging out, so this recipe work perfectly! This makes a fun meal or appetizer! It was easy to make- the girls had fun helping. It had a yummy flavor too!

Pepperoni Pinwheels (Simple and Delicious)
1 tube (13.8 oz.) refridgerated pizza crust
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzerella (I used cheddar- I think any cheese would work)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup chopped pepperoni (I acutally didn't know you were supposed to chop them- mine were fine though.)
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, warmed, optional

On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Sprinkle iwth cheeses and pepperoni.

Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side. Cut into 2 inch slices. Place cut side down in a greased 15x10 inch baking sheet. Lightly press down to flatten. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with spaghetti sauce if desired.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: