Thursday, August 27, 2009

Banana Bread

Well, we had several bananas browning on our counter, and with Doug (the banana bread pro) busy, I thought I would try my luck at a new recipe. It was good. I liked the spices- that added a fun new twist.... BUT, Doug's banana bread still reins supreme. Try though I may, it cannot be topped, at least not to my knowledge. :)

Banana Bread (Not Doug's Famous Version... but still good, if you are wanting to branch out, which I don't know why you would, or why I did. :)

2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
3 ripe bananas, peeled
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar for dusting (optional)

1 Preheat oven 350 and coat 2 loaf pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinamon, nutmeg, and salt. Make a well in the center. Mash bananas in separate bowl. Add eggs, sugar and butter and beat until fairly smooth.
3. Pour banana mixture into well in dry ingredients and stir just until blended. Fold in walnuts, then divide batter evenly between loaf pans.
4. Bake loaves at 350 for 35 minutes, or until browned and tops spring back lightly when gently pressed. Remove to wire rack to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired, and serve.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: