Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Doug's FAMOUS Banana Bread


I decided that Doug really loves me! (or a clean house :) I spent my whole day cleaning from top to bottom, and when he got home he was thrilled. My friend Emily called that day, asking for his Banana Bread recipe (this is a famous one folks! :) He was quite flattered. Anyway, I just mentioned how good it sounded, and before I even realized it, a batch was baking in the oven. Talk about happiness and "Lovin' from the Oven!" I was quite tickled, and already I have almost single-handedly devoured an entire loaf. :) Thanks for "loving me" Doug, and you're welcome for a clean house. :) May this recipe live on and on for generations to come!!! :)

Note: the bread is usually a lot darker than this. Our bananas weren't very ripe so it was a very light batch. (Still delish though!)

Doug's FAMOUS Banana Bread
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
5 large ripe bananas
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda (he usually subs powder for me because I like it better)
1 tsp salt
1 cup (at least) milk chocolate chops
1 cup walnuts (optional)

In large bowl cream together butter and sugar until fluffy; add eggs and beat well. Blend in mashed bananas. Stir all dry ingredients into creamed mixture. Bake in two-three (depending on size) well greased loaf pans at 300 for 75 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, turn out on racks to cool.

1 comment:

Laura said...

You got to love banana bread!

Those loaves sure do look tasty!!

Checkout my banana bread recipe blog for some more great recipes including Pumpkin Banana Bread!

Thanks
Laura