Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lighted-Up Lemony Chinese Chicken



My husband got me a Rachel Ray cookbook for Christmas. (Who knows his woman!?) It has been fun to find some new recipes. I tried this one out and it was pretty tasty. I actually converted it to a crockpot recipe. (You know me and my crockpot!) I cooked the chicken in the crockpot for about 4-5 hours on low with a little bit of oil on the bottom. (I think if you are using chicken breasts rather then tenders, I would half the recipe for the crumb part- it seemed like there was a lot of it.

Lighted-Up Lemony Chinese Chicken
3 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs) (I bet that is good, but I just had the regular bread crumbs)
Grated zest of 2 lemons
1 T ground ginger
2 T sesame seeds, a couple of palmfuls
Salt and pepper
2 pounds chicken tenders (I used four chicken breasts)
1/4 cup soy sauce
Juice of 1 lemon
2 T honey
3 T chopped fresh chives
(I also threw some sesame seeds in the sauce)

Preheat oven to 400. Mix the panko, lemon zest, ground ginger, and sesame seeds in a 1 gallon plastic bag and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken a couple pieces at a time and give them a good shake to coat. Arrange the coated pieces on a baking sheet. Repeat until all the chicken has been coated, then bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, lemon juice, and honey with a little splash of water. Arrange the chicken on a plate, garnish with the chopped chives, and serve with the honey-soy-lemon dipping sauce on the side.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: