Thursday, January 15, 2009

Vanilla Glaze for Angel Food Cake


I made my first Angel Food Cake... I don't know what got into me. (I think it had something to do with the 6 dozen eggs sitting in my fridge... and just knowing this knocked out at least a dozen. :) Anyway- I have to say it was delicious, but A TON OF WORK! I have come to the conclusion that those ones you pay a few dollars for in the store are worth their weight in gold! I had to just beat those egg whites for about 30-40 minutes straight! I was going to post the recipe, but it was really long and detailed. (Sheer laziness I suppose.) I just used the one in my standby Betty Crocker Cookbook. I was proud of myself following it so closely, and that it turned out so nice. Anyway- I found this yummy glaze to go over the top. It tasted so good with the strawberries. Maybe it is because I am pregnant, but I just about wiped out the whole cake myself... I have got to restrain myself a little bit. Anyway, enjoy the glaze. :)

Vanilla Glaze
1/3 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsps vanilla
2 to 4 T hot water

1. Melt butter in saucepan over low heat; remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla.
2. Stir in how water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until smooth and consistency of thick syrup. Glazes bundt cake, angel food cake, chiffon cake, or top of 8-9 inch layer cake.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: