Thursday, June 25, 2009

Vegetable Beef Bow Tie Skillet

This made a great weeknight meal without too much fuss. I thought it had a good flavor and it didn't take long to cook.

Vegetable Beef Bow Tie Skillet
1 lb. ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1 can (14-1/2 oz) beef broth
1-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
1 cup chopped zucchini
2 cups chopped tomatoes
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese

In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in broth, pasta, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.

Add yellow pepper and zucchini; cover and cook 2-4 minutes longer or until pasta and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes; sprinkle with cheese.

1 comment:

jess and seth said...

Hooray, something I can use my zucchini for! I have them coming out my ears. And maybe my kids would atually eat them this way! I am so sad--they don't like zucchini one bit and Seth doesn't like it much either so I'm the only one who'll eat it.