Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla Pie

Here is one that made it to Doug's top ten list. This was a delicious 30 minute meal I found in the Cook's Country magazine. I didn't have a rotisserie chicken on hand (Do people usually have those hanging around? :) So I just fried up some chicken in a little bit of olive oil, season salt, and garlic. This made a delicious meal, and I was so excited how it stayed together like a pie. I really liked the top part (a Southwestern-inspired quiche) and the cilantro gave it a tasty flavor. I would definitely recommend trying this one out!

Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla Pie
1 (10-inch) flour tortilla (I didn't have one that big, but it still worked fine)
1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, meat shredded into ball size pieces (about 3 cups)
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/3 cup drained jarred pickled jalapenos, chopped (*I substituted a 4 oz. can of green peppers- still got some heat, but not over-powering.)
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
2 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1 cup all-pirpose flour
1 tsp baking powder

1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Grease 9 inch pie plate. Press tortilla into prepared pie plate and spray lightly with cooking spray. Toss chicken, cilantro, jalapenos, 1 cup cheese, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper in large bowl until combined. Spread filling over tortilla.
2. Whisk eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in bowl until smooth. Slowly pour over filling, then sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until surface is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Keri said...

That looks yummy! That is going on my to make list!

Anonymous said...

Ok, So I know I am not even considered a cook, but your recipes have motivated me, wait, inspired me to try cooking! :) Your stuff looks really good!

Tessa said...

Yum! I made this for my in-laws and everyone loved it. I love your blog. You have such fun ideas.