Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Turkey Tenderloin with Apricot Sauce


I love getting new cook books, and this last Christmas, my sister-in-law gave me a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble (one of my favorite place to be as long as I have a gift certificate!) and I picked up the really fun cook book “Robin to the Rescue”. You have probably seen her on food network, and I really like the way she cooks- she does a lot of prep early in the week, so the meal doesn’t take long. Anyway, I have had this Turkey Tenderloin in my freezer forever that I haven’t know what to do with, so I was happy to find a recipe to use it in. (I didn’t realize they are so much like chicken- I basically couldn’t tell the difference, so if you don’t have turkey, just use chicken and I’m sure it would turn out great.)

Turkey Tenderloin with Apricot Sauce
(Robin Miller)

Cooking Spray
1 ¼ lb turkey tenderloin
Salt and pepper

Apricot Sauce
2/3 cup apricot preserves (I actually didn’t have any, so I used orange marmalade and it turned out all right)
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons soy sauce

*Robin bakes hers, but you know how much I love the Crockpot, so…. I just seasoned the turkey, threw it in the Crockpot, poured the sauce over the top and cooked it on low for 5-6 hours. (EASY! And the house stayed cool.) Also- I wrapped up a couple potatoes for the side dish and threw them in. Slick as a whistle!

But, This is what she did:

1. Preheat the oven to 400. Line roasting pan with foil and spray.
2. Season turkey with salt and pepper.
3. In small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Pour over turkey. Roast until thermometer is at least 160 degrees, 35-40 minutes basing frequently with sauce.
4. Let the turkey rest for 10 min before cutting in crosswise into ½ inch thick slices.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: